Responsible for the daily production of client billing for a mid-size law firm. Position requires proficiency in complex, software-based billing system.
Daily Department Responsibilities:
- Utilizing time and billing software, prepare draft client bills for attorney review and revision, process corrections, time transfers, write-downs and other adjustments by client matter.
- Proofread and edit draft bills for compliance with client billing guidelines.
- Monitor e-billing portals for status of bill acceptance and payment and post all receipts into billing system and appropriate banking and credit card web sites. Provide daily revenue reports to management.
- Prepare documentation for and responses to legal billing inquiries from clients and attorneys.
Additional Department Responsibilities:
- Process client payments.
- Occasional coverage in Accounts Payable processing payments.
- Associate degree in business, accounting or finance
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential
- Exceptional proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mathematical aptitude
The Billing Coordinator’s role is a full-time permanent position in downtown Springfield, Massachusetts with full benefits including insurances, 401(K) plan and free parking.
Bulkley Richardson is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse environment. The firm encourages applications from a diverse pool of candidates and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, handicap or disability, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
For immediate consideration, please forward cover letter and resume to Mindy Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bulkley Richardson is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.