Part-Time Real Estate Paralegal
Premiere law firm in Western Massachusetts is seeking a part-time paralegal for its Springfield location. Average 25 hours per week (10 a.m. – 4 p.m., includes 1 hour lunch break), with ability to work more at times. Must be MS Office proficient, must possess excellent communication and organizational skills. Multi-tasking and teamwork are necessary.
• Collaborate with attorneys to prepare mortgages, deeds, notes, leases, title insurance policies and endorsements, purchase and sale agreements for residential and commercial closings.
• Prepare, disburse and reconcile all closing files.
• Maintain files, prepare and export 1099 tax filings, pursue outstanding recording documents.
• Order municipal lien certificates, title examination and surveys, review purchase and sale agreements and comply with all conditions.
• Schedule closings with banks, attorneys, realtors and clients.
• Review and clear all title issues.
• Prepare all figures and complete closing packages.
• Close customer contact relationships.
• Check writing and reconciliation.
• Submit accurate and complete post-closing packages.
Qualified Candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Excellent written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate in a professional, tactful and confident manner with attorneys, staff, clients, banks and realtors regarding commitments, deadlines, requests, etc.
• Ability to deliver a high standard of client service in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• SoftPro – Proform, ProTrust and Pro1099.
• Title insurance standards and document preparation.
• Minimum 3 years supporting attorneys whose practices focus on residential and commercial real estate preferred. However, for the right candidate we will provide training.
Please forward your resume and references to Mindy Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruiters, please.