Mary Ellen MacDonald
Mary Ellen MacDonald represents businesses and municipalities in a wide array of legal matters including employment, construction, financial services, tort and real estate claims. She handles all aspects of civil litigation, including arbitration and mediation, and has worked on matters in both the state and federal courts at the trial and appellate level in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Mary Ellen also has experience resolving title issues, lease disputes, condominium issues and mortgage related claims.
- New Hampshire
- District of Massachusetts
- District of New Hampshire
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northeastern University, B.A., cum laude, 1993
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1998
- Lechoslaw v. Bank of America, N.A., 618 F.3d 49 (1st Cir. 2010) Bank of America obtained a jury verdict in this case that involved complex issues of international law and the collection of domestic drafts. Verdict affirmed on appeal by the U.S. First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Lechoslaw v. Bank Handlowy w Warszawie, 618 F.3d 49 (1st Cir. 2010) Bank Handlowy prevailed on a motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction. The motion to dismiss was affirmed on appeal by the U.S. First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented employer in case alleging sexual harassment of male employee by male supervisor.
- Represented employer in claims alleging violations of state and federal anti-discrimination laws for alleged failure to provide reasonable accommodations of a disability.
- Represented employer in a case before the MCAD alleging race, sex, and national origin discrimination.
- Represented health insurer in claim alleging improper denial of health insurance claim.
- Represented technology company in claims against manufacturer alleging breach of warranties under the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Represented public school district in claims alleging violations of student discipline statutes.
- Represented public school district in claims alleging violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Spent eight months as a seconded lawyer in a large financial institution working on responses to regulatory agency inquiries and assisting with a variety of mortgage loan servicing and underwriting and litigation issues.
- Named a Massachusetts Rising Star in 2008
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Real Estate Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association