Skip to content
- Regularly advise clients on compliance withfederal and state laws pertaining to health care entities, including on issues relating to HIPAA, the HITECH Act, the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, the Civil Monetary Penalties Act, EMTALA, Medicaid and Medicare statutes and regulations, the Massachusetts Data Privacy Law, and Massachusetts Department of Public Health regulations.
- Represent health care clients in various regulatory matters involving the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, the Massachusetts Health Policy Commission and other state agencies.
- Represent clients in response to subpoenas and civil investigation demands from regulatory agencies, including the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office.
- Assisted client with identifying and complying with regulatory requirements for the sale of respiratory therapy and home infusion business, including obtaining the consent of Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and state and federal drug enforcement agencies for the sale.
- Drafted applications for and obtained Determination of Need approvals on behalf of health care system client, including applications relating to hospital mergers and an emergency application relating to hospital infrastructure project.
- Assisted school-based health care provider in compliance Department of Public Health regulations regarding medication policies and practices.
- Represented a public entity provider with respect to reimbursement overpayment by state Medicaid agency. Negotiated repayment plan with state agency and settlement with third-party billing company involved in claims submissions.