Kathy Bernardo leads the Real Estate practice group.
Her practice focuses on commercial real estate matters such as conveyancing, financing, leasing, title matters and all aspects of complex property transfers, including purchase agreements, easements, liquor license transfers, special permits, regulatory compliance, zoning and variance issues, 1031 Exchange transfers, boundary disputes, public and private conservation restrictions, including agricultural preservation restrictions (APR), petitions to partition and other land court matters.
Her probate practice includes the preparation of wills and trusts, estate and trust administration, equity petitions, guardianships and conservatorships.
- District of Massachusetts
- Mount Holyoke College, B.A., 1987
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 1990
- Represents family-owned farming operations in matters relating to succession planning, including estate planning, use of APR, trusts, operation agreements and environmental compliance.
- Represented title insurance company to clear title defects affecting a large housing subdivision.
- Represented non-profit organization in the development of a new early childhood center.
- Represents non-profit hospital in major land acquisitions, leasing, and property development.
- Represents state agencies in the acquisition of land in western Massachusetts.
- Represents both individuals and state agencies in matters of conservation easements and restrictions.
- Represents a quasi-politic organization in the acquisition of lands under Federal Aviation Association grants.
Kathy is a member of the Ludlow Zoning Board of Appeals, a Land Court commissioner for land partition cases and a member of the Realtor Association of the Pioneer Valley.
- Member, Hampden County Bar Association’s Real Estate Section
- Member, Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association