Kevin C. Maynard
Kevin Maynard focuses his practice on resolving commercial disputes for businesses and individuals through advice, negotiation, litigation, arbitration and mediation in matters involving contracts, shareholder and fiduciary disputes, financial services, insurance and ERISA issues, construction claims, professional liability and environmental claims. His litigation experience encompasses both state and federal courts, and he has won appeals before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, the state’s Appeals Court, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- University of New Hampshire B.A., magna cum laude, 1980 | Phi Beta Kappa
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1984
- Represented large national corporations, small and large local businesses, banks, colleges, insurers and individuals. Litigated, arbitrated and mediated business matters involving such issues as noncompetition clauses, sales of businesses, real estate contracts, unfair competition, and financial and other professional services.
- Represented both plaintiffs and corporate defendants in personal injury cases, including those involving products liability and environmental torts, and litigated and negotiated settlements in large construction disputes.
- Successfully defended or settled several class action suits, including suits involving shareholder issues, credit card and collection practices, and Fair Labor Standards Act claims.
- Represented individuals and corporations in shareholder and officer disputes.
- Represents a national member-based animal breed association and its registry as general counsel and in disputes including litigation.
- Kevin has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® each year since 2008 in the areas of commercial litigation and litigation (specifically, banking and finance, and construction).
- Board president of World is Our Classroom, Inc.
- Board member Partners for a Healthier Community
- Board member Leadership Pioneer Valley
- Former past president and board member of the United Way of Pioneer Valley
- Former past president and board member of Square One, formerly Springfield Day Nursery, Inc.
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Hampden County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association