Seunghee Cha is a member of the firm’s Trusts and Estates and Special Needs Planning practice areas.
Seunghee represents individuals and families in estate planning, special needs planning, estate settlement, trust administration, and guardianship and conservatorship proceedings. She has extensive experience in special needs law, including establishing special needs trusts, representing individual and professional trustees in the administration of trusts, and disability benefits and housing counseling. Seunghee collaborates with family law attorneys in divorce settlements and advises personal injury law attorneys in settlement planning for plaintiffs with disabilities.
Seunghee serves on the board of directors of the Center for Human Development, Estate Planning Council of Hampden County and The Loomis Communities, Inc. She is a past board member of The United Arc, Inc. and NAMI Western Massachusetts, Inc. She is a frequent speaker on trusts and estates and special needs law.
Prior to joining Bulkley Richardson, Seunghee operated a solo practice in Amherst, Massachusetts. She also previously worked in progressive philanthropy and public interest law.
Seunghee is certified and trained in mediation and collaborative law, accredited by the Veterans Affairs in veterans’ benefits, and trained as a parent consultant from the Federation for Children with Special Needs.
- University of California, San Diego, B.A., 1993
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Western New England University School of Law, LLM, 2011
- Estate planning for individuals and couples, including inter-generational wealth transfer and charitable planning.
- Estate planning for parents, including selection of guardians and establishing trusts for minors.
- Special needs planning for individuals with intellectual and developmental disability and mental-health conditions.
- Long-term care planning for elderly clients and caregivers.
- Consultation services in estates and trusts for clients and family law attorneys in divorce settlement.
- Representation of fiduciaries in all aspects of estate and trust administration.
- Representation of personal representatives, trustees, and beneficiaries in probate court.
- Representation of individuals in guardianship and conservatorship proceedings.
- • January 12, 2021
- • May 20, 2020
- • May 20, 2020
- • February 4, 2020
- • October 31, 2019
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, Hampden County Bar Association
- Member, Hampshire County Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Estate Planning Council of Hampden County
- Member, Pioneer Valley Estate Planning Council
- Member, Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys