Jodi K. Miller
Jodi focuses her practice on commercial and other civil litigation and regulatory matters. Jodi has handled a wide variety of litigation in federal and state jurisdictions throughout the country in matters involving health care, antitrust, intellectual property, products liability, real estate, corporate law, consumer fraud and protection, and civil rights. Jodi has a particular strength in the area of health care law and she represents all types of health care clients in a wide variety of matters, including contract disputes, statutory and regulatory compliance, contract drafting, fraud and abuse issues, school health, and tax-exempt status issues.
Jodi also represents public and privately-held corporations, financial institutions, schools and universities, non-profits and individuals in a range of litigation matters. Jodi also has extensive experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in numerous class action litigations.
Prior to joining the firm, Jodi was a senior staff attorney for a national child advocacy organization working to reform failing child welfare systems throughout the country. She also practiced in the New York City and San Francisco offices of a large international law firm for nine years. In 2001-2002, Jodi served as a law clerk to the Honorable Eduardo C. Robreno, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- New York
- District of Massachusetts
- District of Connecticut
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Duke University, B.A., 1996
- New York University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2000 | Order of the Coif
- Defended health maintenance organization in an arbitration brought by a national hospital chain seeking millions of dollars in alleged underpayments for obstetrical services. After several days of hearings with multiple witnesses, including experts, the arbitrator ruled in favor of the firm’s client on all claims, concluding that there was no breach of contract and issuing a declaratory ruling going forward that our client’s interpretation of the contract was correct.
- Represented health care provider with respect to reimbursement overpayment by state agency. Negotiated repayment plan and settlement with third-party billing company involved in claims submissions.
- Obtained Internal Revenue Service recognition of health maintenance organization as a social welfare organization under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Represented health maintenance organization in trademark infringement litigation against health care entity. Negotiated a settlement on behalf of client in which defendant discontinued use of offending trademark.
- Successfully represented gas tubing manufacturer in dismissal of products liability class action which was affirmed by the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully arbitrated landlord /tenant dispute on behalf of an educational arts organization.
- Represented large financial institutions in various complex antitrust class action litigation.
- Represented international transportation company in multiple class action lawsuits alleging various fraud and consumer protection claims.
- Drafted applications for and obtained Determination of Need approvals on behalf of health care system client, including applications relating to hospital mergers and an emergency application relating to hospital infrastructure project.
- Regularly represents health care clients on various regulatory matters involving the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, the Massachusetts Health Policy Commission and other state agencies. Represent clients in response to subpoenas and civil investigation demands from regulatory agencies.
- Director/Treasurer, Community Legal Aid, Inc., legal services organization providing free legal services to low-income and elderly residents of Central and Western Massachusetts.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association