Elizabeth H. Sillin
Liz Sillin works with individuals in all areas of estate and gift tax planning and administration. She works with nonprofit institutions, assisting with formation and operational issues, including regulatory compliance, as well as providing advice regarding charitable trusts and endowments.
Liz is active in a variety of professional and community volunteer organizations. She has represented the Massachusetts Bar Association on a state committee studying the spousal elective share statute, has been on a state committee studying legislation relating to digital assets and is a member of various state and local bar associations and professional estate planning associations.
She is a frequent speaker on estate planning and related issues.
- Wesleyan University, B.A., cum laude, 1977
- Cornell University, M.A., 1980
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1998
- Design estate plans that address tax planning and family concerns such as young children, divorce, remarriage, unmarried couples and individuals with special needs, family business succession, second homes, intellectual property and special assets.
- Assist with charitable gifting plans, as well as lifetime intergenerational transfers and related tax planning.
- Counsel fiduciaries in the interpretation and administration of all kinds of trusts; assist with estate administration.
- Assist clients with the formation and operation of tax-exempt organizations.
Liz Sillin was named 2019 Springfield, MA “Lawyer of the Year” in Trusts and Estates by Best Lawyers®, in partnership with U.S. News Media Group. “Lawyer of the Year” rankings are awarded to one lawyer per practice area and region, making it a distinguished accolade.
- Chair of the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts Board of Trustees
- Member of the Greenfield Community College Board of Trustees
- Member of the Planned Giving Advisory Committee, Baystate Health Foundation, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors, MicroTek, Inc.
- Corporator, Greenfield Savings Bank
- Member, Hampden County Bar Association
- Member, Estate Planning Council of Hampden County
- Member, Pioneer Valley Estate Planning Council
- Member, Franklin County Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, USA500 Club