Christopher J. Visser
Chris Visser is Co-Chair of the Litigation department. His practice consists primarily of handling complex litigation with a focus in professional malpractice defense. Chris has represented physicians, mid-levels, nurses and health care organizations in all types of medical malpractice cases ranging from labor and delivery cases to cancer cases. He has also successfully represented physicians before the Board of Registration in Medicine, and other health care providers before their licensing boards.
Chris also has experience representing clients in insurance coverage litigation, insurance subrogation, products liability, personal injury, trust litigation and other civil litigation matters. He has handled all aspects of prosecuting and defending civil litigation actions and has represented clients in Housing, District and Superior Court, as well as in Federal Court and Appellate Courts. Chris has also represented clients in administrative proceedings, arbitrations and mediations.
- District of Massachusetts
- Federal Court
- New York
- Brock University, BSM, with honors, 2003
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- Part of trial team for several professional malpractice cases tried to defense verdict.
- Successfully defended and continues to defend surgeons, obstetricians/gynecologists, pediatric specialists, oncologists, and other medical specialists in medical malpractice litigation in all Courts in the Commonwealth.
- Worked and works with experts in many specialties, including pathology, neuroradiology, neurology, oncology, and others to develop the strongest defense for my clients.
- Represented major health institutions in medical malpractice cases.
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Hampden County Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association