Christopher J. Visser
Chris Visser is Co-Chair of the litigation practice. His practice consists primarily of handling complex litigation with a focus in professional malpractice defense. Chris has successfully represented physicians, advance practice providers, nurses, and health care organizations in all types of medical malpractice cases ranging from labor and delivery cases to cancer cases from the pre-litigation phase through jury trial. He also has experience representing health care providers before their boards of registration and advising health care providers on regulatory, credentialing, licensing, and other matters.
Chris also has experience representing clients in insurance coverage litigation, insurance subrogation, products liability, personal injury, trust litigation, and other civil litigation matters. He has handled all aspects of prosecuting and defending civil litigation actions, and has represented clients in Housing, District and Superior Court, as well as in Federal Court and Appellate Courts. Chris has also represented clients in administrative proceedings, arbitrations, and mediations.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Brock University, BSM, with honors, 2003
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- Trial attorney specializing in medical malpractice defense.
- Successfully defends surgeons, obstetricians/gynecologists, pediatric specialists, oncologists, primary care providers and other medical specialists in medical malpractice litigation in all Courts in the Commonwealth.
- Works with experts in many specialties, including pathology, neuroradiology, neurology, oncology, obstetrics/gynecology, neonatology, and others to develop the strongest defense for clients.
- Represents major health institutions in medical malpractice cases.
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Hampden County Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association