Lauren C. Ostberg
Lauren combines a liberal arts background and an aggressive disposition to obtain real-world results for commercial litigants and other authors, creators and technologists. No matter the forum — and she has appeared in federal, superior, probate, and land court, as well as proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board- or subject matter, Lauren evinces a commitment to quality writing and her client’s enterprise.
Lauren previously performed legal work for ACLU-TN and Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts and served as an articles editor on the Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Kenyon College, B.A., summa cum laude, 2007
- Pennsylvania State University, M.F.A., 2013
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2016
- Successfully responded to office actions from USPTO, leading to registration of client’s marks
- Defended regional organization from copyright infringement suit
- Represented insurer in a successful trademark infringement claim
- Represented local government in a variety of employment and land use matters
- Ensured housing purveyors’ compliance with Mass Housing regulations
- • March 6, 2020
- • January 2, 2020
- • October 31, 2019
- • October 17, 2019
- • August 26, 2019
- • October 12, 2018
Lauren was the awarded the Fulbright ETA to Argentina.
- Board of Directors of Pioneer Valley Symphony Orchestra
- Board of Directors of Springfield Technical Community College
- Former Member of the Easthampton Cultural Council