Bulkley Richardson’s Intellectual Property attorneys work with you as part of a team to identify, protect, defend and monetize your intellectual property (IP). We add value by delving deep into your technology, identifying all forms of IP requiring protection, and assisting you in expanding upon your inventive concepts, while at the same time drawing from the firm’s other relevant practice groups to turn ideas into revenue streams.
Our clients come from a vast range of industries and include individuals, entrepreneurs, small businesses at all stages of development, non-profit organizations, academic institutions and multi-national corporations.
Our experience spans diverse technological fields such as security devices for banknotes and commercial products (e.g., micro-optic film materials that project synthetic images), remote deposit capture systems for mobile banking, software, medical devices and implants, chemical formulations, fuel cells, and much more.
We have protected and defended our clients’ IP in the United States and around the world, including at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, before the European Patent Office in Munich and at The Hague, at IP Australia, and before the Stockholm District Court.
Our targeted practice areas include:
- IP development and implementation strategies
- Patent preparation, prosecution, maintenance and defense worldwide
- Challenges to the validity/enforceability of third party patents worldwide
- Patent infringement or freedom-to-operate (FTO) opinions
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution of IP disputes
- Assignment, licensing, confidentiality, joint venture and other technology development agreements
- Business support for entrepreneurial exploitation of new technologies
- Brand development
- Trademark application preparation, prosecution, maintenance and defense worldwide
- Challenges to the registrability of third party trademarks worldwide
- Trade secret protection program development and implementation
- Copyright registration, assignment, licensing and enforcement
- Government strategies and legislation
- Tax planning
Please contact us for further information or to set up an initial consultation. We look forward to assisting you in protecting your valuable IP.