Michael D. Roundy
Mike Roundy’s practice includes the areas of commercial litigation, property tax abatement, utility law, probate litigation, construction law, insurance defense and professional malpractice litigation.
Mike handles all aspects of civil litigation. He has represented corporate, business and individual clients in both state and federal courts and at the Appellate Tax Board. He has represented business owners, large and small corporations, religious organizations, public utilities, consumers and individuals in a variety of matters, including disputes involving contracts, construction, leases, real estate, intellectual property, mechanic’s liens, regulatory issues, products liability, defamation, employment/wage issues, fraud, civil rights, non-compete agreements, probate disputes and tax appeals. He has also represented clients in white collar criminal matters and investigations.
- District of Massachusetts
- District of Connecticut
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Maine, B.S., with distinction, 1991
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- Trial experience involving construction disputes, contract disputes, tax appeals, equitable claims, and professional malpractice claims.
- Successful pre-trial dismissal, summary judgment, and stipulated judgments on claims involving professional malpractice, defamation, contract disputes, civil rights, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, trust disputes, commercial leases, and others.
- Argued successful appeals before the Massachusetts Appeals Court.
- Represented public utility companies, power generators, and other commercial and industrial clients in connection with property tax appeals.
- Obtained judgments in excess of $400,000 in favor of commercial landlord in lease non-payment actions.
- Represented clients in trust and probate disputes, litigation, and appeals.
- Represented software and manufacturing companies in connection with contract disputes, resolved with favorable settlements.
- Obtained judgment for national banking client in bankruptcy Adversary Proceeding, based upon federal preemption of state-law claims.
- Represented client in the fantasy sports industry during government investigations of the industry.
- Represented minor victim of sexual abuse by school employee in civil rights action resulting in favorable settlement.
- Developed products liability cases against manufacturers of defective surgical equipment and devices.
- Obtained dismissal of qui tam action brought against recipient of disaster relief funds.
- Editor-in-Chief, Western New England Law Review (2006-2007)
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut (2007-2008)
- Named a Massachusetts Rising Star in Super Lawyers (2015-2018)
- Board member, Westfield Chamber of Commerce
- Board member, Amelia Park Children’s Museum
- Board member, Greater Westfield Emergency Food Pantry
- Board Member, Westfield Babe Ruth and World Series Executive Committee
- Former Clerk, Westfield Business Improvement District
- Former Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts leader and a Westfield Little League and Babe Ruth coach
- Alumni volunteer, Western New England University School of Law
- Member, Hampden County Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association