- • October 20, 2021
Webinar: Special Considerations for MA Non-profit Organizations Engaging in an M&A Transaction
In today’s environment, non-profit organizations may be challenged by reduced donor and governmental support, turnover in management, staff shortages, and competing demands for resources. There are many circumstances where a merger with, or an acquisition of or by, another nonprofit organization may be the best strategy to accomplish your mission. Such a transaction could help to grow the organization, allow it to expand into different territories or new activities, take advantage of efficiencies of scale or reduce overhead. And in some cases, such a transaction might be the only option for the non-profit to survive.
Join Bulkley Richardson M&A attorneys, David Parke and Ron Weiss, for a discussion of these special areas of concern:
• Types of transactions
• Lack of recourse by the acquiring organization
• Effect on an organization’s tax-exempt status
• Effect of a transaction on endowments
• Approval by the Massachusetts Attorney General
• Options for obtaining necessary member approval in large membership organizations
When: Thursday, October 28 at Noon
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the webinar.